Switching to Colemak, 10 days in

Ten days ago, I decided to try and switch to the Colemak keyboard layout. At first, it was about as painful as you might imagine. I went from somewhere around 90wpm down to basically hunt and peck. Five days in, I was at around 15 wpm.

Now at ten days, I’m at about 30 with weird little bursts up to around 60 for words my fingers have figured out. It’s quite spurty, but I’m able to get things done and use it all the time. Even with all the typing practice, my hands have felt fine, which is great.

Here’s a graph of some of my progress so far.

Screen Shot

%d bloggers like this: